Chicken Caesar Salad
Main or Side
Lunch or Dinner
About this Recipe
By: Christina Hills
Cobbled together from a couple of New York Times recipes, I created this Chicken Caesar Salad recipe.
I will add photos next time I make it again. I use chicken tenders because the price per pound is cheaper than breast meat and tastes just as good, if not better!
Photo credit by Nielsen Ramon on Unsplash
Here is the Recipe:
Chicken Caesar Salad
- Emulsifier (optional)
- 2 lbs Chicken Tenders (or Chicken Breasts)
- 1.5 heads Romaine lettuce
- 2.5 cups Grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese (more or less to taste)
- 1 cup Croutons (Optional to make Gluten Free)
- Few twists of Ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup Chicken Broth (Optional) use water if you don't have broth)9
- 1/2 Lemon (use more if you like)
- 1 cup Olive Oil extra virgin
- 2 cloves Garlic minced
- 6 fillets Anchovy fillets chopped
- 1 tsp Worchester sauce
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- Salt to taste
- In a skillet on the stove, add water or broth and poach the chicken tenders 3 min on one side and 2 min on the other
- Remove and set aside and when cool cut up into bite sized pieces.
- Wisk together all dressing ingredients in a small bowl, and then emulsify it so that it’s creamy and smooth. ((emulsifying is optional if you don't have one) Adjust amounts to taste.
- Chop up lettuce in bite sized pieces and put in bowl.
- Mix lettuce, chicken, croutons, and dressing in a bowl and and then add parmesean
- Grind pepper on top of each serving to taste.
Christina's Balsamic Vinegar SaladServings 4-6Ready In: 15 minCourse: Main or Side DishGood For: Lunch or DinnerInroduction About this Recipe By: Christina Hills Jotting this down before I lose it. I'll turn this into a printable recipe later. You can add meat to...
Zucchini - Quoina SaladServings 4 Ready In: 60 minCourse: Side DishGood For: Lunch, SidedishInroduction About this Recipe By: Christina Hills I got this recipe from my mom this past summer. It's a super yummy way to get veggies into your meals without it feeling like...