Pat’s Scallops with Lime, Garlic, & Cilantro
About this Recipe
By: Christina Hills
This is one of my favorite dishes my mom makes, and it’s super easy to make. Serve over tiny Ukon gold potatoes, or rice.
Prep all the ingredients before you start cooking the scallops, because this dish goes fast.
Cooking the Scallops in the Pan
Here is the Recipe:
Scallops with Lime, Cilantro, and Garlic
- 4-5 scallops per person 6 to 8 oz per person. Adjust to your needs
- 1 large lime
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil extra vrigin
- 1 tbsp water
- Heat over to 200 deg with a ceramic platter or plate in it. (will be used to keep the scallops warm while you make the sauce)
- Wash scallops and take off the tough thingy and pat dry
- Mince the garlic
- Juice the lime and set aside.
- With scissors cut up the cilantro into little bits (easier than cutting with a knife)
- In a hot pan, melt 1 pat of butter with 1 teaspoon olive oil to cover the bottom of the pan
- Add scallops and cook 2 min on each side
- Put cooked scallops into the warm oven on a warm platter
- In the same pan, add 1 tablespoon of butter and cook garlic
- Turn pan off heat and add the juice of 1 lime and 1-2 tablespoons of water scraping up the bits on the bottom. The reason why you use the water is to cut the sharpness of the lime.
- Take the platter out of the oven and drip the juice from the scallop platter into the pan
- Add a little water to make it sirupy. in 30 seconds it will get sirupy
- Add the cut up cilantro to the pan
- Swirl in 1 tablespoon of butter which will melt because the pan is hot, but not cook, and stir all together to get a nice sauce
- Serve the scallops immediately and ladle the sauce on top.
Gluten free quiche with all the simple ingredients you have at home! You can also make this vegetarian.
This is rough and I need to make it a second time before I customize it For 4 people Bunch scallions One zucchini cutbup and sauté in olive oil 10 eggs 1/2 cup milk 1/2 cup cheddar cheese ground pepper salt 385 oven 3 potatoes cut up and pat boiled tiny diced chunks...
A twist on a classic favorite by making Chicken Piccata a pasta dish!