Pat’s Pasta with Scallops and Ham
About this Recipe
By: Christina Hills
My mother invented this recipe, but then I modified it a bit. I doubled the peas, ham, half & half, and garlic. It’s also a generous portion for 3 people, so you could make this same dish for 4 people if you add another dish to go with it. It’s super easy to make and yummy!
You want the ham chopped thick so that you can bite into it. What makes this recipe good is that you can bite into each chunk and get the flavor of it 🙂 As you can see in my picture, I cut up the ham too tiny and it was not as good.
Use Gluten Free Pasta (Optional)
I love the Barilla Gluten Free Fettuccine as it tastes closest to regular pasta!
Here is the Recipe:
Pat's Pasta with Scallops and Ham
- 9 oz Pasta - Linguini or other flat pasta I use Barilla Gluten Free
- 9 large sea scallops (3 scallops per person)
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 cup cooked ham (chopped thick)
- 1 cup frozen peas (no need to thaw first)
- 1 cup half and half
- 1/2 red bell pepper (diced)
- 1/2 cup cilantro (chopped)
- 1 cup parmesian cheese (grated - use more if you want)
- Since this cooks really fast, don't start making it until all your guests have arrived. You don't want it to get cold. (However, you can cook the pasta ahead and drain it, because you will reheat it in the pan. If that is easier for you)
- Cook pasta according to box directions while you prep the rest of the food
- Pan sear the scallops in butter 2 min on each side so it becomes caramelized and brown. Then take out of pan and set aside. Then cut each scallop into 4 quarters
- In the same pan, cook the garlic till golden but not overdone
- Add the red bell pepper to the pan and stir
- Add the frozen peas (which have probably warmed up by now), the diced ham, and the 1/2 and 1/2
- add the cooked pasta to the pan if the pan gets dry, add some of the water from the pasta
- add the scallops to the pan until warm
- sprinkle the cilantro into the pan and mix in right before serving.
- sprinkle individually with the parmezian cheese and add salt and pepper to taste
A twist on a classic favorite by making Chicken Piccata a pasta dish!
Beef stew with carrots and Guinness beer is hearty for the winter time.
For lasagna lovers who don’t want pasta, this gluten free recipe is great!