This is my mom’s best barbeque sauce recipe for ribs or chicken.
Pat's Homemade BBQ Sauce
bbq sauce that's good on anything! Here I'll describe it for bbq ribs
Servings: 4 people
- 1-2 racks ribs approx 3 ribs per person
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1 whole onion chopped you could do half, but I prefer the whole thing
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1-2 whole lemons sliced sliced
- 4-6 tablespoons dark brown sugar adjust to taste
- 3 tablespoons Worchester sauce maybe more maybe less
- 1/4 teaspoon powerded clove or use some whole cloves
- 1/4 cup beef broth/chicken broth better than boullion is recommended but use any beef broth or chicken brown
- 1 pat butter and oil I prefer using butter with oil so it does not burn
- Chop the onion and saute them in a sauce pan stirring often so that they caramelize.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Then cook the ribs in the oven for 1 hour without sauce on it. While this is happening you will be making the sauce.
- While onions are cooking, mince up the garlic and set aside
- Once the onions are almost caramelized add the garlic and cook until golden but not burnt
- Measure out the other ingredients except the beef both but know that you will adjust these to taste. Squeeze lemons with clean hands before you add the lemon slices to the pan. Add all ingredients to the saucepan and stir. Cook for about 30 min
- Add broth if the sauce seems too thick. Taste sauce and adjust as flavors needed
- Pour the sauce over the ribs and display out the lemons over the ribs and cook for another hour. Rotating half way through.
you can make this with chicken or ribs. better than boullion can be used but is salty, just use any beef broth or chicken broth