Gluten Free Quiche
About this Quiche Recipe
By: Christina Hills
So, I decided to make my first quiche. I had never made one before, or at least I can’t remember if I did, maybe in my 20s. In any case, while looking up online quiche recipes, I couldn’t believe how varied they were, and how I wasn’t finding the answers I was looking for. Therefore, I decided to make my own recipe by doing a combination of mixing a bunch of other recipes up, and also asking my friend Randi.
This quiche is gluten-free, but you can easily make it with a regular pie crust. I always buy pre-made pie crust because I don’t want to hassle with making it from scratch.
Also, I hate recipes that have ingredients that I don’t normally keep around the house, such as heavy cream or half-and-half. We don’t keep those in our home; we only have skim milk. So, I’m making this recipe with skim milk.
You could really use anything in this recipe, but I’ve decided that the combination of asparagus, ham, and green onions worked well.
Here is the Recipe:
Gluten Free Quiche
- 6 eggs room temperature
- 1.5 cups shredded cheese gruyere is best
- 1 tbl butter
- 1 tbl flour (gluten free)
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 cup Asparagus steamed and chopped
- 3 whole scallions green parts only
- 1 whole frozen pie crust gluten free
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup Ham cubed or sliced
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese (optional)
Pre-cook Pie Shell
- precook pie shell according to directions
- Remove frozen crust from package. Let thaw 15 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Thoroughly prick bottom and side of crust with fork to help reduce shrinkage and bubbling.
- Place on baking sheet and bake on middle oven rack for 12-15 minutes
- Cool completely.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Steam Asparagus, then when cool cut up into short pieces
- Cut up ham into cubes. If sliced deli ham make sliced cubes
- Cut up green onions (scalions). Save the white parts for another dish
Assemble & Bake
- Layer a little grated cheese on the bottom of the pie crust before adding veggies.
- Add veggies and ham to the pie crust bottom.
- Gently pour in the egg mixture (made with milk, butter, flour, grated Gruyere cheese, salt, pepper, and green parts of scallions).
- Sprinkle more cheese on top of quiche.
- Put pie on cookie sheet and put into the oven. (makes it easier to take out of the oven without messing up the crust)
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Check doneness by inserting a knife into the center of the quiche. If the knife comes out clean, it’s done. If not, cook longer.
- Let the quiche rest for 10 minutes before serving.
This is rough and I need to make it a second time before I customize it For 4 people Bunch scallions One zucchini cutbup and sauté in olive oil 10 eggs 1/2 cup milk 1/2 cup cheddar cheese ground pepper salt 385 oven 3 potatoes cut up and pat boiled tiny diced chunks...
Apple Pie Jello
Homemade Apple Pie Jello tastes just like Apple Pie, but without the fat!
Chicken Piccata Pasta
A twist on a classic favorite by making Chicken Piccata a pasta dish!