Gail’s Chicken Fajitas
About this Recipe
By: Christina Hills
My aunt Gail made the best fajitas tonight, and they were super easy and super yummy. I had it for the first time in Maine and when I heard it was John’s favorite (my uncle) I knew it was going to be good. The best thing is the ingredients are easy to get, and it’s something you can cook up at the last min!
Here is the Recipe:
Gail's Chicken Fajitas
- 1.5 chicken breasts cut into strips
- 6 flour tortillas you can get gluten free or use corn
- 1/3 cup white vinegar (use can apple cider vinegar too)
- 1/3 cup Worchester sauce
- 1/3 cup low sodium soy sauce you can use regular or gluten free soy sauce
- 1-2 cloves minced fresh garlic (if you don't have fresh use 1/2 tsp of garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp black pepper fresh ground
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 onion (1 cup onion, but who wants to measure?)
- 1 red pepper
- 1 green pepper
- 2 tbsp butter (or margarine)
- Cut up chicken into strips
- Mix vinegar, Worchester, soy sauce, garlic, pepper, and cumin together to make the marinade and marinate the chicken for 20 min. Stir to coat
- While chicken is marinating, cut up the onion and the bell peppers into rings. Cut the onions and the peppers into thin rings. It works better in rings as they keep their form well for the fajitas
- When you are ready to cook, reserve and save the marinade
- Over medium high heat, stir fry the onions and bell pepper in butter (or margarine) for 3-4 min. Adding marinade if the pan gets too dry.
- Add the marinated meat to the pan and continue to cook until the chicken is done
- Serve in warm tortillas, and add guacamole, chopped tomatoes, salsa, green salsa, sour cream, whatever you like. Picco de gallo
Gluten Free Quiche
Gluten free quiche with all the simple ingredients you have at home! You can also make this vegetarian.
This is rough and I need to make it a second time before I customize it For 4 people Bunch scallions One zucchini cutbup and sauté in olive oil 10 eggs 1/2 cup milk 1/2 cup cheddar cheese ground pepper salt 385 oven 3 potatoes cut up and pat boiled tiny diced chunks...
Chicken Piccata Pasta
A twist on a classic favorite by making Chicken Piccata a pasta dish!