Easy Turkey Meatloaf
1 hour 40 min
About this Recipe
By: Christina Hills
I got this recipe originally from a turkey meatloaf recipe on food.com, but then modified it to my own.
This dish is easy to make, and yummy to eat. I use turkey and then either ground beef, veal, or buffalo meat for the second meat. It helps hold together the turkey
It will probably feed 6 people, but I set it to 5 so that you would have ample portions. (and yes I know I need a better picture of this. We just eat it too fast to take a picture of the finished meatloaf!)
Here is the Recipe:
- 1 lb Ground Turkey
- 1 lb Ground Bison, or Veal, or Hamburger pick whatever you prefer
- 1 Onion diced
- 3 cloves Garlic minced
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 2 slices Bread crumbled up Gluten Free if you prefer
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 cup Ketchup for the inside of the meatloaf
- 1/4 cup Ketchup to spread on top
- 4 tsp Worchestershire sauce
- 3/4 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Pepper (15 twists of a pepper grinder)
- Preheat oven to 350deg
- Melt butter in skillet/ add some olive oil if you want so the butter does not burn. cook onion till browned stirring often.
- While onions are cooking you can mince the garlic. Then when onions almost done, put in pan and saute till garlic is done
- Take onion/garlic mixture out of pan and put in metal bowl so that it cools faster and the metal absorbs the heat. This is totally optional so if you don't want to do this step you can skip it. But the mixture needs to be cool before the next step
- Combine turkey, veal, bread crumbs, egg, 1/2 cup ketchup, Worchestershire sauce, salt and pepper with onion mix in a large bowl.
- If preparing ahead of time, place meatloaf mixture in tupperware till ready for dinner (optional)
- Press meatloaf into a 8x4 in loaf pan or into a 9x13 glass baking pan. Better to put in low and wide so you get to cover more of it with ketchup
- Spread the extra ketchup on top. cover everything even the sides of the meatloaf.
- Bake uncovered in a 350 deg over for 1 hour 5 min
- Remove from oven and let stand for 5 min so juices absorb back in. (internal temperature should reach 165 deg. I never measure this, but you might want to know this.
Yummy, fast, low cal meal from my brother-in-law Robert!.
This is my mother's recipe which I am publishing here for myself and everyone. She is such a fantastic cook! And she makes everything so easy. My twist on this recipe is to use a cast iron pan but you can use any pan that can go on the stove top later for the...
Garlic Shrimp Scampi with Sun Dried TomatoesServings 3Ready In: 45 minCourse: MainGood For: DinnerInroduction About this Recipe By: Christina Hills This is a family favorite that have been making this for years, and it works out perfectly for 3 people. Normally I...