About this Recipe
By: Christina Hills
Visiting my aunt and uncle in Maine, I was able to get my Uncle John’s recipe for Margaritas. Now I don’t drink a lot of alcohol, but a good margarita is nice to have.
We sipped this outside on the deck on the lake.
Here is the Recipe:
Uncle John's Margaritas
- 3/4 cup Tequila Hornitos is the best brand
- 1/2 cup Roses Lime Juice
- 1/4 cup Tripple sec
- 10 cubes ice
- 1 Lime cut into wedges
- 1/4 cup coarse rock salt for the rims
- 1 drizzle Grand Marnier or Quantro
- Measure, Tequila, triple sec, and roses lime juice in the blender
- add the 10 cubes to the blender and blend till frothy
- take a lime section and rub around the edge of the class and dip in the rock salt (optional) then drop it in the bottom of the glass
- Pour into individual glasses and give a drizzle Grand Marnier on the top of each serving
This is a light fruity Mai Tai that will leave you feeling very refreshed!
Fruity light cocktail great for when you don’t want a strong drink!
Looking for a cocktail that is not too strong? Perfect fall or winter.