15 min prep time. Chill overnight
About this Recipe
By: Christina Hills
I loved Jello as a kid! My mom use to make it for me in the 70’s all the time. As an adult I still like Jello, but don’t want the added sugar.
So here is my recipe for home made lemonade jello. I like to use honey instead of sugar, but if you prefer sugar or any other sweetener use what you prefer.
I bought the box of envelopes, but you can use a bigger box of Knox Gelatine and just measure it out.
Here is the Recipe:
- 3 whole lemons I prefer Meyer lemons
- 4-5 tablespoons honey use more or less to taste
- 2 packets Knox Gelatine Unflavored I get the packets type
- 2 cups water divided this will be too much, but will be easier to measure
- squeeze lemons and save some of the rind
- in a pot put 1.5 cups of water, the lemon juice, and twist the rinds into the pot. Cook until warm/almost boiling
- While the lemons/water is heating, put the 1/2 cup of water in a metal bowl and add the Knox Gelatin and stir till smoth
- Add hot lemon juice/water to the bowl of gelatin and stir till disolved
- pour into mold or glass baking pan and let chill overnight
- cut into squares and serve