Apple Pie Jello
15 min prep time. Chill overnight
About this Recipe
By: Christina Hills
I am so excited about this recipe! The idea came from me not wanting to toss out some apple cider we had from the holidays.
And I turned it into Apple Pie Jello!
It tastes just like apple pie, but without the crust!
Here is the Recipe:
Apple Pie Jello
You won't believe how much this tastes like apple pie (without the crust!)
Servings: 4 people
- 2 cups Apple Cider
- 2 packets Knox Gelatine Unflavored I get the packets type
- 1 wedge Lemon I prefer Meyer lemons. But you can use any lemon
- 2 tablespoons Maple syrup use more or less to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon Ground cloves or a pinch
- Take 1/2 cup of the apple cider and put into a bowl with the Know gelatin and stir until smooth
- In a pot put the rest of the 1.5 cups of apple cider and spices and stir.
- Squeeze the lemon wedge into the pot and twist the rind to release the oils from the rind
- Heat on low until warm/almost boiling stirring often
- Add the maple syrup to the pot after you turn off the heat. Stir
- Add the warm apple cider mixture to the bowl of gelatin and stir well till all the gelatin is completely dissolved
- Pour into glass baking dish or small cups and let chill overnight
- Cut into squares and serve
you can buy spiced apple cider, or plain apple cider. The secret ingredient is the lemon. Not too much as it will be too tart, but just enough
Gluten Free Quiche
Gluten free quiche with all the simple ingredients you have at home! You can also make this vegetarian.
Organic Pumpkin Pie
Organic pumpkin pie made from canned pumpkin. Easy and yummy! Can also be made Gluten free
Robert’s Salmon with Tomatoes & Olives
Yummy, fast, low cal meal from my brother-in-law Robert!.